This anti inflammatory weight loss tea is a natural, gentle detox that reduces bloat and water weight leaving you feeling light and energised!
I am a tea lover. I drink tea by the flask full daily. I also bore easily so to keep things fresh I have a wide variety of teas. You do not want to see the designated tea shelf in my kitchen. It’s completely out of control!
We plan to renovate our kitchen soon… yippee and hubby has already told me to make sure and plan out a special place for all my teas. Yes it’s that bad.
The thing is you can’t really go wrong with tea. It’s the perfect low-calorie flavored drink.
Weight Loss Tea
Recently my fingers were swollen for an entire month. I had been reluctantly taking dr prescribed meds but they weren’t helping. Then I decided to experiment with some herbs. I came up with this combination and started drinking it religiously.
After 1 week the swelling reduced and unexpectedly my pants were fitting looser around the waist. After 2 weeks of drinking the tea I got up on the scale and to my surprise I had dropped 6 pounds! Keep in mind that because my fingers were swollen so badly I wasn’t even going to the gym or doing any exercise, just drinking this tea and eating clean of course.
The diuretic properties of this anti-inflammatory weight loss tea will help to reduce bloating and water weight. I must warn you that it will make you go frequently to the bathroom, that’s why I usually have this tea first thing in the morning. If you can get your hands on these herbs I highly recommend this infusion.
Try your local health food shop or you can order them online from the comfort of your home at Amazon. I have included links for all the herbs you will need.
As someone who suffers from occasional joint pain and swelling I can tell you that this anti-inflammatory weight loss tea has been a lifesaver!
- anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- diuretic properties to improve digestion
- promotes weight loss by lowering the absorption of starch and glucose
- relief from cramps and menstrual pain
- promotes digestion and stimulates metabolism, which leads to increased calorie burning
- the active ingredient in willow bark is salicin, which is the same helpful additive in aspirin
- Ancient Egyptians used white willow as a folk remedy for inflammation, headaches, menstrual cramps, muscle pain, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. It can also treat the common cold, fever, and assist with weight loss
- anti-inflammatory agent for the respiratory tract, the skin, and the gastrointestinal tract.
- diuretic in nature, promotes urination and thereby helps lose “water weight”
- astringent, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- used in traditional herbal medicine for the treatment of gallstones, kidney stones, kidney inflammation, headache, constipation, gastritis, toothaches and insomnia.
I am not a trained dietitian, nutritionist, chef, or medical professional. The information on this blog is based on personal research, and experiences. Statements within this site have not been approved by the FDA. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional before starting a new diet or health program. Please seek professional help regarding any health conditions or concerns. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein or procedures undertaken hereafter.
Looking for more healthy drink ideas? Follow my Drinks board on Pinterest!
Anti-inflammatory weight loss tea
Equal amounts of
- Dried hibiscus flowers
- Dried ginger root
- Organic dried willow bark
- Organic dried dandelion leaf
- High Mallow (Malva sylvestris)
- Combine all herbs in a tight closing jar and store in a cool dark place.
- For each serving of tea, steep 1 tablespoon of the mixture together with 1 cup hot water for 3 to 5 minutes.