This Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette is simple and delicious and comes packed with health benefits. Ditch the store bought dressings they could be sabotaging your weight loss plan!
How to make Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
As a general rule of thumb use 3 parts oil to one part acid for a balanced dressing recipe.
Flavor enhancing ingredients
- honey and dijon mustard act as emulsifiers to bind the olive oil to the apple cider vinegar, they also cut the acidic taste a bit and add tang.
- round off the dressing with some fresh herbs, garlic and salt and pepper.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of health benefits. You know that I add it to my Lemon Water Elixir but there are many other ways we can get more of this superfood in our diet.
Sprinkling apple cider vinegar onto food lowers its glycemic index. The lower a food is on the glycemic index the less likely it is to spike your blood sugar. Maintaining stable blood sugar levels are of utmost importance if you’re diabetic or if your goal is weight loss.
A lot of people who start eating healthier add more salads to their diet. That’s excellent because salads provide your body with a healthy serving of nutrient-packed greens and nourishing raw veggies. Problems arise when folks turn to store bought salad dressing to make their salads more ‘tasty’.
Why make your own vinaigrette dressing
- The typical store bought salad dressing contains processed possibly rancid oils, chemicals, preservatives and high fructose corn syrup to name a few offenders.
- Most people tend to ignore the suggested serving size of the dressing and really lay the dressing on thick.
If salads have become a main part of your diet but you’re still not losing weight the store bought dressing you’re dousing it with could be to blame.
Don’t ditch the dressing completely, that’s not good either, sorry. Reason being our bodies can’t absorb and utilize many vitamins and nutrients found in plant foods without a fat accompaniment. A delicious homemade apple cider vinaigrette is the solution!
So tell me do you make your own salad dressing? Which do you prefer creamy or vinegar based?
Hungry for more Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes? Check these out!
Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried basil or other herb of choice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with lid.
- Shake to combine and store in the fridge.