These easy balsamic chicken wings are baked in the oven to perfection and can be whipped up in no time. they’re gluten free too!
You know that awesome cinnamon clove balsamic reduction I posted a while ago? Well it’s not only great on brussels sprouts and salads. Today we are going to put it to yet another good use with these Balsamic Chicken Wings. This is one of those dishes I whip up when I’m in a hurry.
Like when it’s almost lunch time and I haven’t even thought about what I’m going to prepare for lunch because I’m so busy blogging about what we had for lunch yesterday kinda hurry. Oops!
How to make Balsamic Chicken Wings
All I need to do is whisk together all the ingredients to make a dressing coat the chicken completely in the dressing and pop it in the oven. Voila! One hour later my, almost, starving family can eat.
Balsamic Chicken Wings Ingredients
The two key ingredients for this recipe are
- balsamic reduction
- tamari – I use tamari as a gluten free substitute for soy sauce.
Tamari like soy sauce is a byproduct of fermented soybeans. The main difference between the two is the presence of wheat. Tamari can be found 100% wheat/gluten-free whilst soy sauce always contains wheat.
Further Reading : What’s the difference between tamari and soy sauce
If you’re a bit more organised than I am then marinating the chicken overnight in the dressing would be a good idea. I promised my clan I would next time although they didn’t seem to care … lol You can also turn these into Sticky Chicken Wings by adding additional honey to the marinade.
Balsamic Chicken Wings
- 1 ¼ pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 2 tablespoons tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400ºF / 220ºC
- Clean chicken and sprinkle with lemon juice. leave to rest for about 5 minutes
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Season with garlic powder, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Combine reduction, tamari and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Pour half the sauce on chicken. Reserve the other half.
- Place chicken in roasting tray and cover.
- Place in preheated oven for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes turn oven up to broil.
- Remove foil cover from chicken, baste chicken with remaining sauce and broil for 10 mins