Kickstart your day with this Berry Buckwheat Chia Pudding Parfait. This versatile chia pudding is also perfect for snack or dessert!
My younger sister is here visiting and I’m trying to get her to eat healthier starting with the first meal of the day, breakfast. I can eat porridge everyday for breakfast but I realise that porridge isn’t everyone’s cup of tea so I’ve been experimenting.
This Berry Buckwheat Chia Pudding Parfait is one delicious experiment!
Berry Buckwheat Chia Pudding Parfait Inspiration
The inspiration for this Berry Buckwheat Chia Pudding Parfait came from my Instagram feed. Are you guys on Instagram? Of all the social media platforms Instagram is my favourite. It’s perfect for visual folks like myself and the community is amazing! I’ve connected with so many healthy foodies like myself. Recently I’ve started sharing posts from some of my favourite Instagrammers. If we’re not already friends on Instagram be sure to follow me here.
This Berry Buckwheat Chia Pudding Parfait is a combination of my Buckwheat porridge and a berry chia pudding.
Chia puddings are so versatile and the flavor options are endless. They really are great for breakfast, snack or dessert.
You Might Also Like
Berry Buckwheat Chia Pudding Parfait
- ½ cup frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 cup nut milk
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 pitted dates
- ¼ cup organic buckwheat groats
- 10 raw Brazil nuts / cashews or macadamia nuts for maximum creaminess
- 1 cup water
- ½ banana
- 1 tablespoon nut or seed butter I use homemade
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For Berry Chia Pudding Layer
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Process until smooth.
For Buckwheat Layer
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight.
- In the morning strain and rinse the soaked groats well.
- Place them in a blender.
- Add water and all remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Layer the parfait. Top with additional fruit, nuts and seeds.