This Coconut Oil Coffee is a dairy free take on the bulletproof coffee. The combination of caffeine and saturated fat and protein gives you a great and lasting energy boost without the jitters.
Coconut Oil Coffee is a dairy free version of the ever popular Bulletproof Coffee. Bulletproof coffee is essentially coffee blended with grass-fed butter and MCT oil. It’s meant to replace your breakfast and make you feel focused, and energized.
In an attempt to make a dairy free version I decided to replace the grass fed butter with coconut oil.
Five Reasons to fall in love with this Coconut Oil Coffee
- Coconut oil adds a hint of sweetness so there’s no need for additional sweetener.
- The combination of caffeine and saturated fat really gives you a great and lasting energy boost.
- Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides that burns fat.
- Coconut oil has anti-bacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. It also helps in the prevention of infections and strengthens the immune system.
- Coconut oil promotes satiety helping to suppresses your appetite.
How to make a coconut oil coffee that doesn’t suck.
The first couple times I tried to make a coconut oil coffee I simply added 1 tablespoon of semi solid coconut oil to my cup of coffee. That was a recipe for disaster! The coconut oil did not emulsify and I just ended up with an oily coffee.
I have certainly learnt my lesson. The key to a creamy coconut oil coffee is blending.
[ctt tweet=”Learn how to make a coconut oil coffee that doesn’t suck! #yummy #coffeelovers” coverup=”W_7bh”]
Here’s how I do it:
Add all ingredients except coffee to a microwave safe cup. I often add a teaspoon of toasted carob powder which complements the flavour perfectly and further enhances the taste. If you are not a fan of carob add a teaspoon of Organic Cacao .
Microwave on high until the coconut oil is liquid. You may also warm the liquid through on the stovetop instead of the microwave, I often do this.
Add collagen peptides for protein and blend on high until frothy.
Coconut Oil Coffee – simplified version
Omit the milk & carob/cacao powder . Simply add your coconut oil to hot coffee and blend.
Adding coconut oil to your coffee is a great way to supercharge and give your body a burst of energy to make it through the day. Not to mention you get all of the other amazing health benefits of coconut! This coconut oil coffee is soooo good. I have even made it for my daughter sans coffee and she loved it!
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try out the recipe too.
PIN ME! PIN ME!
You May Also Like
Or how about another coconut oil recipe?
Coconut Oil Coffee
- 1 espresso shot
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon collagen peptides optional
- 1 teaspoon toasted carob powder optional
- 1 teaspoon raw honey optional but helps emulsify coffee
- ½ cup milk of choice I use homemade nut milk)
- Place all ingredients except coffee in a microwave safe container
- Microwave on high until the liquid is warmed through
- Pour into blender and process until frothy
- Pour into coffee glass
- Brew your espresso shot directly into the coffee glass
- Stir to combine