This drunken coconut hot chocolate is decadent, smooth and intense. A real holiday treat!
Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate with a Twist
Can you believe the holidays are among us? Didn’t we just wear those silly hats and ring in 2017? If you’ve been reading this blog for sometime you would know that I don’t post alcoholic recipes very often. I prefer to eat my calories, so alcohol is a rare treat for me and now that I’m pregnant it’s zero alcohol for me. But it’s the holidays and last week I posted my homemade hot chocolate mix so I wanted to give you an amazing recipe to put it to good use.
This drunken coconut hot chocolate has a tropical flavor from the coconut milk which is intensified by the Bailey’s Chocolat Luxe. Let me tell you this Bailey’s is da BOMB!
When we lived in Hungary my mother in law had a tradition of serving a shot of Bailey’s with dessert. So every year we made sure to buy a bottle of Bailey’s as part of her Christmas present package. One year we diverted from the original Bailey’s and tried the Bailey’s Chocolat Luxe. It did not disappoint. A shot served over ice is a lovely treat!
How are you coping with all the stress of the holidays by the way? I mean we can all agree that stress is most definitely a big part of the end of the year, right? So much to do, so little time. On top of the busy schedule, it seems that time goes into turbo speed as we zoom through the holidays and into the New Year.
Unavoidable crowds are everywhere, invitation after invitation to parties streaming in, and the stress of hosting the holiday meal at your house this year.
The magic seems to disappear a bit, but it doesn’t have to!
This season is meant to be one of love, joy, family and friends. Instead of allowing stress to overtake you this season, let’s focus on combating the stress and enjoying your last few months of the year!
Here Are My Top Tips To Have A Stress Free Holiday Season:
- Don’t forget the exercise! Allow your body to naturally combat stress by releasing some endorphins regularly. Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you have to carve out an hour each day to hit the gym. Do what fits into your schedule so that you’ll be more likely to stay on track.
- Focus on the good. What has happened to you today that you are grateful for?
- Are you exhausted and feel yourself reaching for that cup of coffee? Instead, listen and honor what your body is asking you for. Take a quick 15-minute power nap and recharge your batteries the natural way.
- Don’t expect too much of yourself. Be realistic with your time and goals this season, which will help keep your stress levels at a minimum.
- Delegate some tasks to others. Is your to-do list overflowing? Ask for help from your partner, your children, a friend or neighbor to knock some of those tasks off of your list.
- Be careful with overspending. Financial health is an incredibly important part of your overall health, and most certainly correlates to the level of stress you are experiencing. Don’t set yourself up for failure in this area.
- Consider making that holiday party you’re hosting a potluck. Potlucks are fun and collaborative which will take a huge amount of stress off of you!
- Put your fork down in between bites and savor your food. Thoroughly chewing each bite helps your digestion work more efficiently. Not to mention, it’s much more pleasant experience to savor each bite.
- Don’t get caught up in negative self-talk. Be very mindful of the words you choose to use, as they are powerful to your mood and stress level. For example, instead of saying “I have to cook dinner tonight for my family,” say “I get to cook dinner tonight for my family.” See how that takes it from being a chore to being of service to those you love? Your words and thoughts are very powerful.
- Practice self care. It’s fun and totally necessary. In the hustle and bustle of everything going on, take care of yourself on a daily basis. What soothes you? A hot bath, a good book? Maybe this drunken coconut hot chocolate 🙂
So what do you think? Will you add this Drunken coconut hot chocolate to your holiday table?
Drunken Coconut Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 shot of chocolate baileys chocolat delux Irish Cream
- Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Warm through on stovetop until dissolved.
- Pour into your favorite Christmas mug or glass.