Enjoy this delicious vegan gluten free apple bread with your mid morning coffee or as an afternoon treat for the kids!
Vegan Gluten Free Apple Bread – The perfect morning snack
My daughter has to take a snack to school everyday for elevenses (almuerzo) Even though she eats very well at home it’s often difficult to convince her to take carrot sticks when all of her peers are pulling out sugar laden donuts and cookies from their backpacks. As such I am always trying to come up with healthy kid friendly ‘cool’ snacks. Enter this vegan gluten free apple bread. I think everyone should have a good healthy snack bread or cake recipe in their arsenal. An everyday quick bread that you can serve your kids after school, or eat as a mid-morning snack with your coffee.
Don’t you just love the Fall? The mornings are so cool and crisp the mornings. I’m definitely enjoying my jogs through the orange groves near our home much more now. It also means that I can crank up my oven again. During the hot summer months I have absolutely no desire to bake but once the temperature drops a bit I metamorphosize into some kind of baking monster.
Gluten Free Apple Bread- A Fall Favourite
There’s nothing that screams fall more than apples and pumpkin. My family devoured this gluten free apple bread in a couple of days. With its success I can see all sorts of seasonal varieties on the horizon.
I hope you’ll give this vegan gluten free apple bread a try and if you do be sure to let me know how you liked it in the comment section.
Gluten Free Apple Bread
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup chestnut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dried cranberries optional
- 1 cup grated apple
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 flax eggs (Combine 2 tablespoons flaxmeal with 6 tablespoons hot water)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 350ºF / 175ºC
- Prepare flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons flaxmeal with 6 tablespoons hot water. Set aside
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the flax eggs as well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into Lekue silicone loaf pan.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow the loaf to cool in mold for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove the loaf and place on a wire rack to cool completely before serving.