A refreshing combination of pink grapefruit, lime and mint. This Pink Grapefruit Virgin Mojito is sure to hit the mocktail spot this summer!
Summer is in full swing here in Spain with most days reaching temperatures of 35ºC plus. I usually drink at least 3 litres of water per day alongside a flask or two of herbal tea but on these hot days I can’t seem to bring myself to drink hot tea.
Last week my family had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. Given that I am the designated driver in our family I opted for a virgin mojito while hubby sipped on a caipirinha. The virgin mojito tasted quite authentic (which actually surprised me) and I became inspired to make a grapefruit version at home.
How to make a Mojito without alcohol
Making this grapefruit mocktail mojito is pretty easy. Essentially you make a traditional mojito and replace the rum with grapefruit juice.
- Freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- Sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice)
- Sparkling water / Soda water
- Mint (spearmint or yerba buena)
You begin by placing a slice of lime at the bottom of the glass. Place mint leaves on top of lime then sprinkle on the sugar. Gently mash with a muddler until the sugar is dissolved and lime juice is extracted from the slice. Add grapefruit juice and top off with sparkling water and ice cubes.
Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges
The whole family was able to enjoy the refreshing summer drink. My kiddos especially loved it!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.
What’s your favourite mocktail?
Please share this post to give your family and friends a chance to try out the recipe too.
Pink Grapefruit Virgin Mojito Mocktail
- 1/2 cup sparkling water or soda water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon organic raw cane sugar
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 lime sliced
- ice cubes
- Muddle the sugar, mint and lime in the bottom of a glass with the end of a wooden spoon (I use a wooden pestle) until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the grapefruit juice, and stir together. Top up the glasses with sparkling water or club soda and ice cubes.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of mint leaves and slices of lime.
Wow! Great idea! Thanks for posting it!;) Can’t wait to give it a try!
Thanks Thora! Hope you like it.. 🙂
Looks so yummy!
I love your grapefruit mocktail mojito. I will definitely try this drink. Thank you.
Let me know how you like it Amelia!