This Supercharged Matcha Green Tea is a delicious way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet! It’s your gut healing, energy boosting meal in a cup!
I’ve recently started ordering from iHerb. Their service is great and I can order products which are difficult to find here in Spain. The very first product I ordered was grass fed collagen hydrolysate.
I was interested in adding collagen to my diet as a remedy for my joint pain which tends to worsen during the colder months. Collagen is considered the glue that holds our body together and is the most abundant protein in the body.
It is a primary building block of skin, hair, nails, bones, tendons, joints, and cartilage. I add collagen to oatmeal, my post workout shake, muffins, bread you name it.
- Joint pain – gone
- Skin – looks youthful
- Nails – strong & hard
- Hair – growing extra thick and long
You already know that I add coconut oil to my coffee so guess what happened next. I turbo boosted my matcha green tea with coconut oil and collagen to create this Supercharged Matcha Green Tea.
It is chock full of health benefits! Let’s take a look at the key ingredients.
Supercharged Matcha Green Tea – Ingredients
- Helps regulate the body’s metabolism
- Builds connective tissue in hair, skin, and nails
- Helps to heal and seal the gut lining
- 90 percent protein which promotes satiety
- Helps balance hormones – many women report an improvement in their menstrual cycle
- Boosts Immune System with its antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties
- Reduces Inflammation and Arthritis
- Improves Energy and Endurance
- Candida treatment – A study published in the journal of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy found the capric acid and lauric acid in coconut oil were an effective natural treatment for candida albicans and yeast infections.
- Coconut improves digestion. It helps the body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, calcium, and magnesium.
- Packed with antioxidants to support inflammation management
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Supports mental focus and endurance. Provides energy without the jitters.
Matcha Green Tea Latte -as a Meal Replacement
This matcha green tea latte is like a meal in a cup. For those instances when you don’t have time to fix a proper breakfast this matcha green tea latte will come to your rescue. The healthy mix of carbs, protein and fat is bound to keep you satiated until lunchtime.
Supercharged Matcha Green Tea as a Pre Workout Energizer
The unique blend of ingredients in this Supercharged Matcha Green Tea gives you the energy needed to push through an intense workout. Did you know collagen has been shown to be more effective than whey protein in regards to athletic performance and building muscle (Source)
What do you think about adding collagen to your diet?
Supercharged Matcha Green Tea
- 1 teaspoon organic matcha green tea
- 1 cup milk of choice you can also do 1/2 cup water & 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon collagen hydrolysate
- ½ teaspoon homemade vanilla extract
- Warm 1 cup of plant based milk on the stovetop in a small pot
- When mixture is warmed through (NOT BOILING) add: collagen, coconut oil , vanilla and matcha green tea
- Add mixture to glass jar blender
- Blend until creamy and coconut oil has emulsified