Get ready to cozy up and enjoy your very own homemade beet latte. Follow this simple beet latte recipe to recreate those gorgeous pink elixirs you see popping up in trendy coffee shops and in your instagram feed.
If you follow me on Instagram then no doubt you have seen my obsession with this gorgeous beet latte. It’s with good reason too ; Beet lattes are delicious, indulgent and perfect menstrual phase nourishment!
Further Reading : How to eat for your menstrual cycle
What’s in a beetroot latte?
The beet latte recipe I’m sharing is caffeine free and surprisingly simple. Read on to discover its ingredients.
Essential Beet latte ingredients
The basic recipe for this warm beet latte is quite simple. All you need is:
- 1 pre cooked beet
- 1 cup warm / steamed milk
That’s it! However, I highly recommend you go one step further to boost the flavour and nutritional value by adding a few key ingredients.
From basic to frothy AF…
Level up your beetroot latte and transform it into a creamy and frothy indulgent treat by adding the following (optional) ingredients
Optional but highly recommended ingredients
- Collagen Peptides – clean source of protein with gut healing benefits
- Coconut oil or MCT oil – improves cognitive function and fat burning abilities
- Mushroom Powder – supports your immune system and overall well-being
How to make a Beet latte at home
I know you might be intimidated by this drink but trust me it’s not difficult to make at all! I’m going to show you how to make a beetroot late in it’s simplest form and also how to fancy it up if you so desire.
Equipment needed to make a homemade beet latte
- blender – preferably with a glass jar because plastic & heat is a bad combo
- small saucepan for warming the mixture
- assemble your ingredients
- blend the beetroot with the milk
- add the mixture to a small saucepan on low heat until its warmed through
- add optional ingredients to the jar of your blender
- return the warm beet + milk mixture into your blender
- blend until smooth
- pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!
I think using a smaller blender or a high speed blender helps to achieve a smooth latte with no lumps. If you find that yours does not blend completely then strain it before drinking.
By now I hope I’ve convinced you how easy it is to make a beet latte at home. But if you’re still sceptical and wondering … ‘what does a beet latte taste like’ then let me put your mind to rest.
This homemade beet latte has a rich, naturally sweet earthy taste, just like beetroot. If you love beetroot then you’re good. If you hate beetroot then you might want to opt out of this recipe and try my Pumpkin Spice Latte instead.
Beetroot latte with beetroot powder
Probably the number one question I get asked … ‘Can I make this beet latte using beetroot powder?’ Well yes my dear you sure can. Follow the recipe below and sub the beetroot with 1 heaping teaspoon of beet powder. The resulting latte will not be as thick but it will be just as delicious!
Beetroot Latte Variations
Ok so now you know how to make a simple beet latte how ’bout we take things up a notch.
1) Beetroot Rose Latte
Follow the basic recipe below and add 2 tablespoons of rosewater. Garnish with rose petals and other florals like hibiscus and chamomile.
Beetroot Rose Latte
2) Beetroot Chai Latte
Follow the basic recipe below and add 1/2 cup brewed chai tea. Garnish with cinnamon if desired.
Beetroot Chai Latte
3) Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
This healthy Red Velvet Hot Chocolate is essential a beetroot late, made using beetroot powder with chocolate added. Find the full recipe here.
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
In case you’re wondering if beetroot lattes are good for you let’s take a look at the nutritional profile of beets according to Healthline.
Beetroots are a great source of
- folate (vitamin B9)
- vitamin C
Beets contain important bioactive agents that work to protect the liver by increasing enzymatic antioxidants. They also have high levels of Vitamin C and a slew of other beneficial nutrients and minerals.
So what do you say? Will you give this warm beet latte a try?
Beet Latte Recipe
- 1 small pre cooked beet
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- Blend pre cooked beet with milk.
- Add mixture to a small saucepan on low heat and warm through.
- Add optional ingredients to the jar of your blender
- Return the mixture to your blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!